Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Unidentified Baggage

There was a case of unidentified baggage landed on my doorstep some time ago. I roughly figured out the connection through several different countries and how long it had traveled the road. As I carefully looked at it, trying to decide on whether or not I should open it, it blew up right in front of my face. And not long after, I heard explosions, cries of pain, terror and desperation. A war just broke out.

I got hold of my friends and family; received an assurance that we are going to get through this safely. That threats like that are nothing against our strength and courage. When suddenly there was a deafening silence. Within minutes everything seemed normal; awkardly uncomfortable. It was like a hand of god commanded a cease fire.

I still don't understand. The war broke out because one unidentified baggage on my doorstep and I want to know... Even if it means losing the war, but then again who holds infromation holds power! I just want to know. I want to understand. How the hell can I understand when I don't know? The war has become mine without me knowing why. I just want to know.

No comments: