Saturday, June 10, 2006

To Lose or To Gain

A very good mate of mine gets married today. We were there at the church and we are going to the reception tonight briefly, since England is playing its debut game on the World Cup tonight. When he walked down the aisle, the look of nervousness was on his face, his steps were small and slow as they walked to the tempo of Ave Maria, but he didn't falter and made it all the way to the altar for one of the most important moment in his life.

As I watched the ceremony my mind wandered to the days where we would hang out with the rest of the boys; of the silly nights filled with laughter and stupid jokes. Would I lose a friend to this marriage? I certainly hope not, for marriage brings you to the next level of your life and I can only hope that I gain a better friend, as loyal as before, more dependable than ever.

Congratulations mate!

No comments: