Monday, June 19, 2006

Gym Bunnies

My second day in a gym was very interesting. As a gym mainly catered for working people, the place was absolutely dead on a Sunday afternoon. There were 5 people altogether in the 2 hours that I was there, 4 of them are women. What was interesting was how 2 of the women were kinda "special".

Jakarta, like everywhere else, has many different types of women. Many classes of working girls, passport orientated girls, to your devout religious girls ready to jump off a bridge if their spouse tell them to. The general population of the working girls is called "ayam" -- which literally means "chicken". These girls are generally tan, with skinny bodies and an 'exotic' looking.

Back to my fellow gym ladies. I don't judge a book by its cover, so even if they fit the "chicken" stereotype I wasn't thinking about it. Until, one of them constantly demanded the attention of every trainer in the room by asking about this, asking about that, laughing flirtatiously. One girl in particular was getting on my nerves. How could I not? The trainer was talking to me; teaching me how to use a particular machine when she just called him over and over pretending I wasn't there!!

Hmmmm.... I wasn't going to take it lying down, but I wasn't going to go down her level, either! I opted for a wiser act. I moved as far away from her as possible so she could annoyed me less. I like my chicken to be dead, on my plate ready for consumption. The ones who are running around in female forms should all be terminated because of their threat to society in general.

Who's with me on this one??

No comments: