Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Return to the Innocence

As we're about to take off from Denpasar airport my eyes was watching this little boy in front of me. He's probably about 5 years old with blonde hair and blonde eyelashes. He had his face close to the window; so close that the window began to fog. That startled him, and quickly he tried to wipe it only to leave a certain marks. Then he realised that he could actually write on the window if he breathes enough to make fog marks. This lasted for a few minutes before he got bored and moved on to watch the airport lights as we took off.

This trip had been a fantastic time off from my routine activities. Taking the time off had allowed me to refresh myself. It actually allows me to notice little things like the fog that boy made on an air plane window, and that puts a smile on my face. We often live our life in such a fast pace that we stop paying attention to things that happened along the way. We are often driven by the goals we set ourselves, of achievements we need to get at the end of the road. That is why it's always good to slam on the breaks and stop; change gear so that we can listen to the sounds of Monday morning breeze, the way the sun shines on your window today and the way your dog wiggles its tail to greet you good morning. The good thing about that boy in the plane was, that he sees things for the first time. He appreciates. He wonders. I want to learn to do that, too.

No comments: