Friday, May 19, 2006

Turn my blue to crimson

I'm feeling crap today, maybe it's part of recovering from that stupid sickness and the lack of motivation I'm currently having at work and many other things that occupy my empty head. As I was looking at my recent post, the cool world map with places I've been, I read my own description of this blog -- surviving and seeing the world from Jakarta. I couldn't help but giving a wry smile to myself. Seeing the world from Jakarta... It sure feels like that now; like the rest of the world is so bloody far away and unreachable and all you can do is dream about it. It's not entirely true, I know. I've proven that. I traveled a little, and paying for it a lot.

A few minutes ago I received a digital photo album from my ex-housemate in Melbourne who currently lives in Chester, UK. Photos from their holidays in Malta and Cinque Terre. I fet nothing but envy. I traveled first, I started the bug, but she gets further. And she's going to get further and further and her world would soon be the colour of red. When she doesn't even think about colouring the world red!!

That's when it strikes me that I'm actually a pretty darn realistic soul. I knew when I started this blog that I'd be living the impossible dream; of traveling the world and experiencing life through various cultures and places. Who am I kidding? I'm stuck here in Jakarta. Even seeing the world can be hard to do. Keeping the dream alive is even harder to do. So somebody help me. Slap me out from feeling blue and show me the crimson red I always long for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope it brings
you some comfort
that somewhere in another country
someone is thinking of you
db