Thursday, May 18, 2006

Random Pieces

Today is about little bits and pieces of things that got my attention recently.

1. 3 Grown Men and Dragonfly
Dragonfly is a nice posh bar in Jakarta that is the hottest if one is looking for a mid-week night out. Plenty of girls all decked out looking their best, with combo retro music of the 90s. The crowd is of a mature kind, which makes spending money on alcohol easy to come by. Somebody told me that it's the best place to check out Jakarta's divorcees. My best boogey-ing episode a few weeks ago happened in this place. Anyways, last night one of my engineer from KL went there, again. And as he was recounting last night's event he told me that he saw the same 3 boys.. or men rather, in Dragonfly. That means these men were in Dragonfly every Wednesday for the last 4 weeks!! Here's to the power of Jakarta's divorcees!!!

2. Past Loves
A mate of mine had a surprise encounter with her beau from 10 years ago; somebody she dated for 3 months. Thinking everyone has moved on (... she obviously has), they hung out and stuff and she ended up spending a whole weekend together. After that weekend, suddenly she received a text message saying that he still holds the flame for her, all the while. She was like, whaaaat??? What the hell was he thinking? And how was she supposed to react to that? That's rather unfair, I think.

3. Foreign
If I were to list down all the people I hang out with; the ones I care to spend time with one thing stands out. About 80% are foreigners: a series of Malaysians, Singaporeans, Aussies, Germans. Not many Indonesians at all. Hmm... I wonder what does that say about me?

No comments: