Tuesday, May 02, 2006

About Nothing

I took a sickie yesterday because I wasn't feeling that flash and I could -- no clients, no specific job. It was really nice. Well, after the few feverish hours I spent under the blanket obviously. The night was spent in watching some DVDs and generally being very lazy. This morning I contempleted laziness again and managed to show up in the office. Still a little under the weather, but fine.

Somehow the clock was ticking very very slowly. I was anxious to get home quickly and here I am, 6.30 pm still in the office typing my blog. About nothing. The last time I remember the time moving very slowly is when I was in Magelang, my dad's hometown where nothing happens and you can't wait for the day to end. Today is a little like that.

And oh, I just finished reading Pico Iyer's Cuba and The Night. That's a bloody marvellous book!! A highly recommended read for those who enjoy good story telling and a little insight of human relationships. Pico Iyer was known to me as being a travel writer. His interests lie in the clashing of cultures, identities; generally stuff I'm really interested in too. I picked up this book without paying too much attention and it turned out to be a work of fiction. Again, it's bloody good. Not only I want to go to Cuba (the way he sets his stories are so detailed that one can feel the textures of the place, the vibe that it gives out and the various flavours it has), but he made me fall in love with the characters.

Excuse the lack of substance -- today is like that. Currently life is like that...

No comments: