Wednesday, November 15, 2006

While you were away

In the last 8 days, I've lost count on how many times I used the sentence, "... but I was only away for 4 weeks!"

Somebody got a new job after being unemployed for 6 months. Two friends are getting divorced. One girl broke up with her partner. Someone had a birthday. Another girl had a fall out with her boyfriend and decided to move to UK. An ex-client turned tour guide. A friend came out, his whole family knows that he's gay and loves him still. A company closed. A mate forgot this thing called a condom existed and knocked up her girlfriend, whom he doesn't love, pregnant. People resigned. A friend dated and ended his relationship with an-ex friend of mine. A colleague went back to her old job because she needed a stable income. The book sells. My friend slept with her boss and did not know what to do. Whilst refusing her girlfriend's hand in marriage, a mate left his dog at her place. An account nearly lost. A holiday got cancelled. My family went to Thailand. Somebody decided to get married for the second time. All in the time that I was away.

The list goes on and on. In the last 8 days, I've been sad, happy, amazed, shocked, grateful, proud, touched because all of the above. A little over 4 weeks and it feels like I need a lifetime to catch up with all of that.

2 comments:

Mi (なおみ) said...

Cyn...gw mau dong jadi : "Another girl had a fall out with her boyfriend and decided to move to UK" .... hahahhaha...sinting....

Cynth said...

Nothing is ever impossible my dear. Keep on dreaming -- they do come true!