Monday, November 27, 2006

Getaway

Last week I traveled again. My encounter with airports and planes this year is not complete yet. There are a few more trips to do after last weekend and although I sometimes complain about the never ending journeys (... where I always got people rolling their eyes and shaking their heads in disbelief at how lucky I am), secretly I cherish every moment of it. Because until I'm done this year, my feet are still not on the ground. They're still fleeting between places and Jakarta stays as a concept of place rather than a place itself.

Being back in Jakarta can be quite bizarre, especially if it means a new job, a new vocation, a new lifestyle, a new opportunity -- many things new. That was why I took an offer from a friend to meet up in Bali gladly. Nothing like a chance to overdose on good company, great atmosphere and getting a tan whilst doing all of the above.

Last weekend was where nothing and everything happened. The sun, the water, the company and everything that was Bali soaked me wet and left me knackered. Tired. But satisfied. My soul was refreshed and as if it knew, work came in full blown today.

I guess I can take it...




No comments: