Wednesday, November 15, 2006

How Do You Heal a Broken Heart

Break ups are crap with a capital C. There is never a good recipe to heal them, but often misery loves company. It always helps to have that extra pair of ears, and a hand to hold. Just until the wound stops bleeding and healing begins. Here's to moving on...

It was 5 years ago when he came into my life, took me like a roll of thunder, blasted all my insides as if there was no tomorrow. He was manly and charming. A man and a boy all in the one physique. A person of many talents, intelligence and blunt honesty. His words cut through you like a double sided blade. His humour a mixture of dark British irony and silly Rowan Atkinson slapstick. A man, who despite of his imperfection, was a perfect match for me.

I didn’t think I have ever fallen in love before I met him. I didn’t realize that I was in love until he left me. It must had been a combination of pure arrogance and pride that made me capable of holding my head up high and despite the tears in my eyes, pulled a forced smile and said, “Understanding is not a problem. People falls in love, people falls out of love. Accepting is another thing. Please leave…” He dared not look me in the eye. Guilt and shame was radiating from him. His head hung down low as he made his way out of my apartment. I didn’t know such pain exist until that moment. There were so many things that reminded me of him, of us, of our beautiful times together. There were just too many. I cried every day for a week. It was hard. Not only that I had to deal with my own pain, I also had to explain to my friends why I was not in the mood to go out, why he was not around, why I had such a sad look on my face all the time. And every time, whenever I had to explain what happened, I would cry again without fail. Cry baby.

Pain 101. At the age of 30. What could I say? I’ was a late bloomer.

My girl friends started to create a list for me.

10 Things To Do after a Severe Break Up:

1. Go on a retail therapy – Celine drove to my place from her house in the outer suburb to make sure I had enough dosage of shopping. The car stereo was blasting Madonna’s Material Girl. Superficiality was the only thing that mattered at this stage.


2. Re-told the break up stories enough times until you stop crying

3. Make sure that you don’t binge on snacks and put on lots of weight upon the break up. Make sure you lose your appetite instead of gaining them. You’d look even more fabulous than before.

4. Spent some money in getting a ‘real’ haircut. Depending on the severity of the break up, you might want to invest on a different colour, too. Going blonde should be considered as a last option.

5. Have an early spring cleaning (provided you didn’t break up in spring). Get rid of all the stuff that might make you cry (again…) and arrange your wardrobe that only sexy, slinky, elegant, savvy type of wardrobe is required.

6. Spend lots of time with your girl friends, as girls hanging out in a group seem to attract more attention from the opposite sex.

7. try not cry

8. Forget that you want to cry

9. you’re not crying anymore

10. NOT CRY!

1 comment:

Mi (なおみ) said...

hhhmm...not cry yah.....hhhmmm