Friday, November 10, 2006

Harsh Realities #1

A: I don’t give people chances. I let things happen naturally. I allow things to take its normal course, an effortless effort if I may… Initially I thought I could get use to the love and attention, but after some time it feels suffocating. I hate it when in the name of being considerate I have to be dishonest. I deny my own feeling and gave in to “niceness”. That’s not the way a relationship supposed to be, and if I can’t be completely openly and brutally honest with someone, then that someone is not for me.

B: Honesty is important. But you must also understand that a relationship takes compromise.

A: I completely in agreement with you. However, that compromise must come willingly. When it comes to you, I feel like I am obliged to you – because you are nice, kind, and loving and posses the qualities that a partner should have. You are all of that and more, and yet you are not for me.

B: What if I say I’m going to try to let the love runs free and not suffocating you? Just enjoying the moment?

A: I can’t see how you can do that. That’s a contradicting statement. You let your love runs free and it suffocates me. When you hold back, you’re not being honest to yourself. I can’t handle all that love. At the very least I think not at the moment … And there’s no telling when, if ever I can deal with your love.

B: What are you trying to say?

A: That despite your great qualities, I think this whole thing we’re having has to stop. I can’t love you the way you love me. It’s not about you; it’s just not meant to be maybe. We can’t even be friends – we couldn’t be friends because it was overcome by emotions too fast, too soon.

B: Is this goodbye?

A: Is there a point of ending something that never really started?

No comments: