Thursday, June 23, 2005

Early morning ramblings

Last night finally I got a chance to be home before 9 pm. Well, I actually got home around that time and when I threw myself on the couch the weight of the day went down with it. Somebody told me it's the full moon. He reckoned that full moon affects him; making him if not more hyper, more mellow. Wouldn't it be great if that's the sole answer of my state of emotion? Life would be so much easier then. All I have to worry about is the position of the moon and then I'll be alright...

The best thing about being home early (...sad isn't it? 9pm? Early??) was finishing a novel called "The Family Way" by Tony Parsons. He looked at a family life of the three sisters. He spoke about the often false notion of a family - a picture beautifully painted to involve a mother, a father, and the children. As if if one doesn't exist, the family is no more. I won't ruin the novel, in case anyone is interested in reading it, but at the end of the day, family is what you make out of it. Family is about this small unit (..or big unit) of people you love unconditionally, because they will be there for you no matter what, and always have your best intention at heart. Having the family doesn't mean you will never disagree, never make mistakes, but no matter what you do, the bond remains.

And oh, I'm about to start on reading Shantaram. I think it'd be good.
And oh, did I tell you I feel like quitting my job? And leave the country? And go away to Bali just for a few days to read my good books? And oh, wishful thinking...

Bloody full moon.

No comments: