Friday, June 24, 2005

$2 Coffee & Muffin

This morning my colleague rang as I was driving in to work. "Hey, I'm going for a starbucks run. Do you want anything?" Full of enthusiasm I said yes and placed my order. I tried to order some kind of pastry, but since she's sending her driver and I didn't know what I want specifically, I gave in to a mocha latte and an orange blueberry muffin.

When my breakfast arrived as I was reading my morning paper over Coldplay's X&Y, suddenly I got this image of a similar event that used to take place regularly on my student days. At least once a week, Natalie, Nancy, Bronwyn and I would go down to this coffee shop on Melbourne Central station where they have a coffee and muffin offer for $2. It became a ritual of bonding between the girls. Nat would update us on the morning paper issues, Bron would have the funny stories and Nancy would tell her bizarre beauty experiences. The music from Fox FM or TT FM would be blasting in the bakground. We had such a good time.

That was 5 years ago. It's probably an idea to try and schedule a morning coffee & muffin session in a not so distant future.
How much would we have to pay now? Hmm...

No comments: