Saturday, June 25, 2005

Aussie Overload

I had a really crap day yesterday. Nothing new in this line of business. It was really really crap that I thought of just packing up my bags and leave, never to heard from again. Just on the right time, a friend said that he was going for a drink with another friend and asked me to join them. Yeah, I needed a drink.

My friend is a Melbourne boy, and his friend is a Sydney boy. We were hanging out at this superb lounge/resto called Circa on the 48th Floor. The view was amazing, and the place was beautiful. We had really nice conversations, and soon enough we were joined in by Simone, another Melbourne girl and then Jamie and Natalie. All of a sudden, the Aussie twang was just all over the place only to be worsened by Jamie mimicking every accent on the face of this earth. It was an excellent night. It was a night where strangers meet and differences crumble. It's really easy to find a common ground and make new friendships.

Our common ground is the silly Aussie accent you can picked from miles away. If only people who were fighting against each other try to find similarities instead of looking at differences, maybe there'll be no wars. Peace would come more easily.

I didn't get home until about 4.30 am, only to be back work at 9.30 am earlier today. It was a really really nice night. I had the best of time. I think we all did. I functioned better. My mood improved. That's what good beer and good company did to you.

No comments: