Thursday, October 05, 2006

Passionately Consuming LA

North America has been good to me so far. The American west coast does have the perfect weather for living; it is no surprise that people flock from all over the world for the consistent sunshine and general coolness. As a person of the tropics, Los Angeles and San Francisco weather comes as a real blessing. I love the fact that I have to wear a few layers of clothing, jackets and things like that. I love the fact that I don't sweat all day. I love the fact that my face will not be oily the whole day.

LA is kinda pretencious; people look pretty everywhere (after all half the city is models or actors and the other half are models/actors wanna be). My friend said that she needs to move to a place that has less attractive people. Yes, my dear friend is still single and she feels that her chances in this big city is slowly diminishing as she grows older but that's another story. The other frustrating thing about LA is how it is impossible to navigate if you don't have a car. The feeling of dependency and immobility is not something I'm used to. The best thing about LA is work; especially if you are like me and you belong to the film production or media and entertainment. I was fortunate to visit a few facilities and met someone who belongs to the same industry and it was just rocking! It's friggin Hollywood. The buzz of the place is incredible!! It makes me tick, because here you're part of a grand masterplan.

I suppose it's the constant pull of positive and negative that makes the city so amazing. Before I saw the LA production people and facilities, I didn't really like the city at all. The moment I got a peek (... literally, a peek) I came to life. Some people call it consuming passion.

P.S. And I slept on the best bed ever!! Even if only for 2 nights...

No comments: