Saturday, October 07, 2006

I left my heart in San Francisco

I left my heart in San Francisco. Is that the title of a song? It wasn't my first visit to the city but after the last 4 days, you can say that I fell in love with it for the second time. I only vaguely remember my first visit when I was 13. I remember the cool breeze and the 'niceness' of the place and simply loving it. This time around, it because of something completely different; SF reminds me of one my homes.

It was not architecture. It was a little bit of weather, a little bit ouf tourists, but most of all it was the whole feeling of it. San Francisco breathes a different air of classy laid back creativity, where people enjoy life and live it. I ended up comparing streets and areas to Melbourne, and being in San Francisco made me wanted to go back to Melbourne. Technically I love it because for the moment it's a substitute for something else; almost like a rebound. But I would still say that I left my heart in San Francisco. Given the time, it could be one of my many homes and then it would stop being a rebound city.

No comments: