Monday, May 30, 2005

Facing adversity

A bomb blew up in Poso, Sulawesi. A distant land so far away it's hard to feel emotional about the event. Dysensitised. I'm not even sure I'm spelling it correctly. This country has had a fair share of bombs, terrorist attacks, natural disasters, corrupt government, etc. Anything.. you name it, and yet the people are still one of the loveliest in the world. With matural goodness and friendliness unimaginable.

As a nation, there is a culture of surrender and faith to a higher power and I think it's what makes this nation strong. Today is very much like that, too. One day away before a shoot and we were faced with uncertainty and so little time. There was finger pointing, resentment but at the end of the day, it's just about getting through another day. There'll be another shoot, another job, with another client. I tried to surrender and smile.. and then it got a little easier, one by one, one thing at a time.

I look absolutely shit. My dark circles around the eyes are beyond help of make up and I have to be up again in 4 hours. No, not just up. Up and functioning. Sigh. Red Bull and lots of Vitamin C I need.

May the Force be with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And the force was with you ;)
Good Job Cynthia. Thx for the Wine, I drank the whole bottle :D