Friday, May 27, 2005

Art

It is very easy to get bogged down by work. The reason why work is a paid occupancy is because you lose your calm, temper, and patience in dealing with its numerous aspects. For the last couple of days work has tried me too many times over; made me became the person I don't quite like. The damage is done though, all I can do now is look back and try to amend the mistakes I have made. It got to me.

But when I got home, and I played music and had a long hot shower everything began to have a different outlook. When I'm fresh I feel like I can take on anything. And reading poetry helps, too! I opened my copy of Federico Garcia Lorca and tried to read bilingually, even if I don't understand Spanish. I could pronounce it and by reading the English translation, the emotion came through. Amazing what great pieces of art can do to you as a person.

There is no right or wrong when it comes to art. It is unquantifiable by reason. What it does is evoke emotions and that is subjective to your own person.

Thank God for music. Thank God for poetry.

No comments: