Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Butt kicking 'n Arse-whopping

When it comes to workplace dynamics, I am often lost as to why people bother to work within my industry at all. This industry is only one step away from slavery, with its irregular working hours and a must for super high dedication. One must have at least an interest, if not passion for the profession. So, if you're not cut out for it,... Just don't be here at all!!!

Yesterday was the first day in the year 2005 where I have to launch a full fledge pre-production for a job. The job is exciting, but on that very first day I felt like I was farting against thunder. My team comprises of half a dozen freelancers with a will of their own, and little sense of team playing. Every time I looked for a person, I had to spend 10 minutes trying to find them. A lot of time was wasted in bitching, scolding, and other unecessary emotional outburst. When the day ended at 9 pm, I was exhausted...with very little done...

Why is it that I have to kick people's butt to get something moving? Why do I have to be a bitch that swing whips around to get things done? I don't like it. Unfortunately, that's what it takes. I'm the job official bitch. Definitely not going to win a popularity contest around here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heaeairaiehiahiae Cynth!
iya, kita memang berada di industri yg gila. yg bikin jadi pemarah. yg bikin jadi gampang mengeluarkan katakata kotor. yg dikit lagi bisa membawa kita jadi sinting. yg bikin gendut krn pelampiasan marah akhirnya jadi ke makanan. hhaihahai. nice blog cynth! i have mine as well: gloriboks.multiply.com mampir yaaaaaaah x)

-rina-