Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Courage


Nancy
Originally uploaded by Spunkycynth.
We call her Nancy Fancy back in uni. She used to have a super thick, beautiful, wavy dark hair that took her an hour to dry everytime she washes them. We graduated together. She moved to London a couple of years ago. Since then the sparse emails were always about the fun she had; the shopping, the partying, the boys. Until, "Gotta go back to Melbourne. I've just been diagnosed with leukemia."

Off she went, and I didn't get a chance to see her in London. A few months ago, this photo came. Her leukemia relapsed. Her only chance of survival is to have a bone-marrow transplant. They found her a donor and she had to go into operation on the next 20 days.

I haven't heard from her again.

My uncle was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago. They said it's gone to his lungs now. He's still fighting it.

I haven't seen him since July.

They are my heroes. I am too chicken shit to see them and offer them my love and support by visiting them. I'm scared that I'd see them in a way that would upset me. I'm scared to see them suffer.

I started wearing a yellow rubber bracelet . It's my own silent support for them. My way of saying that I love them and I'm fighting with them. That their will to live will always be my constant inspiration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

test lagi ye...