Thursday, December 14, 2006

Last weddings of 2006

December 13, 2006

Another bride, another groom, another sunny honeymoon, another season, another reason to makin' whoppe...

Last weekend I had the pleasure of once again jetsetting to another country for another wedding. In KL, Malaysia -- a small contigent from Jakarta attended a wedding of ex-colleagues of mine. No rain nor traffic jam could deter us from going; after all that was the only reason for me to be there. We had a great after party and the look on the couple's faces that night made you want to go, "ooooooooow... so sweeet..."

The next day, still hung over from the wedding of the night before I left for Bali for my best friend's wedding. A small affair in comparison to the 600 guests of the night before, and yet intimate and classy. The groom was acting goofy and being his usual silly self; a little too much that we refered to him as the 12 years old groom. The wife must be used to all his antics because despite his stupid acts, she stood there all smiling still marrying the guy. I love him dearly, but sometimes I wonder how she can stand him. After a while, the acts wear off a little and you can see a little love between the two. I didn't go gaga over them but I couldn't help uttering a little sigh of relief. He might be the 12 years old groom, but he was still the groom.

There's something about weddings outside Jakarta that I adore. It's the intimacy of the affair, because they're generally smaller in number (... yes even compared to the 600 guests of the KL wedding). One can't help feeling like your presence matters in sharing the couple's happiness. Three cheers for you people who got me jetsetting from one wedding to another this year! Sindy-Colin in LA, Sarah-Joe in Philly, Fatin-Shah in KLi!! Congratulations!! Best Wishes!! And whatever else you say to newy weds...

In as much as I love going to international weddings, I'm also kinda glad last weekend was the last wedding weekend I have to attend for a while..

No comments: