Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Morning Drive

I am very fortunate to live very close to my workplace. Unlike most people, I don't have to spend hours commuting to and fro to make my living. It requires driving past the inner streets of Kemang, cut across the stupid traffic of Kemang Raya to be in the office within 5 minutes. Nearby my office there is a public elementary school and often I would see kids in red-white uniform walking on the same street I use. This morning, just before I turned left to another street leading to my office, 2 boys about the age of 7-8 yeas old were standing facing the bushes, whilst some girls were crowding in one corner. The 2 boys were about 2 metres apart and they were peeing into the bushes. They were even talking to each other whilst doing it!

It's great that this kind of innocence still exists in the superficial life of this big city called Jakarta. It is refreshing to be reminded that at some point in our lives, we know no fear, we worry not about what other thinks of us, we do things without thinking even if it means exposing one's private parts in public. :)...

No comments: