Monday, August 28, 2006

Explore and Sing

We are taught to believe that angels in heaven sing like nothing on earth. Even if I believe that, THE VOICES' concert last Thursday prove that humans are blessed with divine voices that can bring you to other places. Somewhere serene and peaceful, where the hustle and bustle of everyday life is suspended. It was angelic music by 16 dedicated young singers making an attempt on compositions by William Byrd, Richard Bennett, Bob Chilcott and Gilbert & Sullivan. The first part act was in Latin, which was probably how I felt like I'm not on earth. There's something about songs in Latin that makes me shiver. There's a sense of old, of a wisdom centuries ago.

The second part was fun. Chookachooka train made me want to ride to dreamland.

Good music does that to ya'... It feeds the soul. You just need to get a lot more of them, or at least try to.

No comments: