Friday, October 21, 2005

Sass & Bide Sale

For those who are well into their brand, the name of Sass and Bide would be of no surprise to you. They make great pairs of jeans! I kid you not. I'm sure many other girls would testify on the difficulty of finding the perfect one, and therefore a girl can't have too many jeans. Never. Especially if you're one like moi, who lives and breathes in jeans. Needless to say, a few days ago was the Warehouse Sale of Sass& Bide. From past experiences, warehouse sale never got me anything good so I wasn't too interested... but when my housemate asked me to accompany her, I gladly tag along.

Never before had I seen so many girls of different age, size, race, gathered in the one place. At one point, the queue to enter the warehouse sale was as long as the next block. It was insane! And if I thought that was insane, try being inside. It was an easy 500 girls if not more. There ware queues everywhere; to the changing room, to pay at the cashier. It was sheer madness.

I got home thinking about what is it about Sass & Bide, or great pair of jeans or a warehouse sale that drives everyone to be there. We have developed an image culture so strong that created the hype of what looks good and what does not look good. Finding the perfect pair of jeans is never an easy task, but the perfect pair of jeans does not have to be a certain international brand. It doesn't have to be $500 worth. It may not be Sass & Bide. But when all one reads in a magazine is how great these things are, maybe we secretly want to believe that if we have one of those, we'd look equally beautiful and irresistable. That we'd belong to the cult of cool fashionistas.

Girls, girls, girls,... Just get on a pair that will make your arse look good and I think irressistability is yours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

wah cynth, ur posting reminds me to get a new pair of jeans...

-r-