Monday, October 10, 2005

Dreadful future

It is officially 10 days into my unemployment and there had been a few phone calls about prospective job offers and the future. As I am leaving for Australia in a few days, I had the luxury of polite refusal at this point to allow myself time to think about the future. To tell you the truth, it scares the hell outta me. It's nice that I'm at that cross roads and I can kinda freeze time and nor choose any particular road but yeah, as you get older, you get more cautious, and more analytical about stuff. You are more afraid to make mistakes, of not making ends meet.

A friend told me today that life is always full of opportunities and I must not be scared of making a mistake. Life is too short to let fear rules over it and hey,... we all learn from our mistakes. Eventually to be a better person. It is with this new thinking that I'm embracing the unknown future and taking a step into one road. Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.

What the hell in a few days I'll be in a different country. Can you tell that I'm excited?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's fulfillment and duties. Find both and you'll be ok :) Life is not much if you have one without the other.
You being an analytical scares me sometimes... HAHAH!
e

Anonymous said...

Obviously you need to take a balanced approach. If you are at a point where you are sick and tired of work and all that accompanies it, by all means take a break. A good long one if necessary. But do keep in mind that money does matter so keep your doors open and your networks up to speed so you won't be out of work when you really want to work. Either that or find a husband.

Mi (なおみ) said...

Gw hanya bisa bilang good luck cynth..Pokoknya coba sesuatu yang baru itu kadang scary..tapi kalo' loe bisa ngejalaninnya loe bakalan puashh... banget, serasa minum coca cola pake' es setelah seharian panas-panasan puasa pula..hahah!!!
BTW long time no see ya cynth, bentar lagi loe mau cabut pula. Padahal biasanya tiap hari kita ketemu di kantor dan ketawa-ketiwi...kangen euy!
...gw lama banget gak ketemu internet, inbox e-mail gw ternyata ada 1270 dan kebanyakan gak penting..hehhe. Trus gw besok bikin acara gak penting ke Bandung karena guru les gw besok ijin gak masuk (asii...kkk), pengen ganti suasana buka puasa...hahaha...sangat gak penting..
Oke..deh..panjang banget comment gw yak!! Pokoknya good luck lach...have a nice trip juga.
Wish me luck juga ya cynth...
BOKEK..nih.....!!! (Keluhan yang gak penting...)