Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Many Nights Out


I arrived in Melbourne under the impression that everyone will be very busy with work and their daily activities that I'm going to have lots of free time on my own. Amazingly enough, it didn't turn out the way I planned. It's been nearly a week and I have been out every single night. Crazy. Fun. I thank my lovely friends for that.

On Saturday night I caught up with some friends from RMIT's student theatre company Performit. We met at the Prince of Wales in St.Kilda and then had dinner at a vegetarian restaurant called Soul Mama. Sould Mama is buzzing with people. It's a happening place with bistro type of service. You are charged by the size of your plate, medium allows you rice with 4 choice of dishes, large gives you rice with 5 choice of dishes. Not only that, you are given the option of eating it from the tin tray or the porcelain plate. Ultra cool. It was a night of good conversation and stories and relishing old friendships. 5 years have gone passed but the bond between us remains, and we just slide back to how things were. After dinner, some went away and the rest of us continued on to have drinks at the Espy.

Close to midnight, Kayin, Lily and I made my way to Abode - Melbourne's infamous club for an experience. Stories about my amazing night will be published in the first edition of MAXIM Indonesia. I promise not to ruin it for you, or for the magazine for that matter...

What follows on the nights after that, were simply many nights out with friends. It is strange to feel as if I'm living here again. Or that somehow, there are many of us who are in the same cross roads after much traveling and working in the last 5 years. We have matured. But remained the good friends as we were.

No comments: