Monday, February 26, 2007

Somewhere else

I arrived yesterday afternoon to the flat jungle that is Hong Kong. One day earlier than expected gave me a chance to chill out and spend some quality time with a friend. Although it is my second visit to the island, I found myself still completely in awe of the tall buildings where people live. As urban city living in Jakarta is slowly rising up, most people still prefer a house, a land, a backyard.

This morning I look out from my friend's kitchen to the neighbouring towers. It feels weird to be able to get a glimpse of other people's lives. There's a voyeur in all of us and there I was hoping for some drama. The morning was quiet in this area. Most people have gone to work and beginning of a day quickly passed.

So, here I am typing away words and impressions about the place once again procrastinating. I should really finish my work before I head into the office and try to impress my colleagues. After all it is not my usual fun travel, it is for work.

No comments: