Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Starting aNew

Sometimes one spends a lot of time trying to find out what is good, what is right and what is important in one's life. Often we end up more confused than before and make stupid decisions anyway. This new state of mine is a little like that, only with clearer directions. In my attempts to pursue my own creative work, I am faced with the issue of earning money to finance my life. After all, I have no one else to turn to for money. I don't have a money tree growing in my backyard.

Something comes up. An outfit with a bunch of talented people, with good vibes and a cool office. Initially I thought it'd be straight forward, less pressure than my old job at a production company. On my third day I realised that everything new holds its own challenges. Although the daily tasks do not seem difficult, there are myriad of other problems underneath that I need to deal with. It's good. I'm excited. I also feel needed. I go in with an open mind, a learning heart and a plan to serve. When you start aNew, you need to go in with humility and servitude. And what better timing to do this than now??

No comments: