Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Little of Cool

This morning my co-worker IM-me and said that he has something important to discuss with me and would like me to call him. Hmm...

K: Have you read that email JP sent us?
C: Nope, which one?
K: Our company is being sold!
C: Really? To who? (... At this point I began to worry)
K: Bono
C: Huh? (...very puzzled)
K: You know, the singer?
C: Yeah, of course I know who he is! But how? WTF?
K: You should read the email. I might misunderstand it...
C: Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
K: I don't know. No feeling.
C: Huh??

I scratched my head again, biting my nails whilst waiting for the email to be downloaded. There it was. A forwarded message from our CEO, who excitedly stated that we are now part of a group called Elevation Partners. One of the 5 Managing Partners is Bono. Yep. Bono, of the U2 fame. Cool Bono, who's not only a great rock star but also a great humanitarian who's working on poverty eradication. It's all good. GOOOD. KEWL.

So next time you talk to me and ask, "What's up with you today?"

C: Oh, I have a new boss...
?: Really? Is he or she nice? Is your position going to be in jeopardy?
C: Naaa, I don't think so. He's cool.
?: Who is he?
C: Bono.
?: What?
C: Yeah, U2-Bono is my boss...
?: (Speechless, in awe of coolness).
C: (Big grin on my face).

Bono is my boss. Well, not technically but in theory he is. I hear U2's "Elevation" in my head. It's cool. It's all good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMYGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!AM SPEECHLESSS!!!!

SHUT UP!!!!!! THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXPECT FREE U2 TIX, OK??!??? JUST FOR ME!!!! FUCK THE REST!!!hahaha!~!!!!!!!