Thursday, July 19, 2007

Indonesia Unite


In the light of the recent Asia Cup 2007, I thought I'd show my country a little support by going to a live game at the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium. It was my first time hearing the national anthem being sung by more than 10,000 people. It sent chills through my spine.

We lost the game 0-1 to Korea; a World Cup's semi finalist team. Two countries with different level of experience and skill. We stood no chance, but everyone in that stadium was hoping for a miracle. In a sport where everything is possible, the crowd chanted, "Indonesia, Indonesia, Indonesia..." We knew we sucked, we knew we would most likely lose, but we were not going to go without a fight. It was a moment to be proud.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow nice. i could go for a football game. 0-1 is not too shabby i think.

Faetryn said...

merdeka!