Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Everlasting Love



There is this thing called Valentine's Day. A commodification of love where material goods often reduce the true meaning of love. Today love can be tasted from a bite of heart shapes chocolate heart, be listened from the sappy love songs playing on the radio, be smelt through the dozen roses sitting on one's desk.

It was one night before my cousin's wedding that my family got together to wish her well on her next journey, and shortly after dinner I saw that image above. A sight of my two grandmas chatting and laughing together. That doesn't happen very often. Both have hearing problems. It makes you wonder how they communicate.

The connection is not obvious, but my heart grows warm when I see this picture; especially on today's Valentine's Day. A life lived with full of love. Everlasting.

1 comment:

Faetryn said...

That's beautiful.