Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Small Town

Merry Christmas everyone. Here I am in a littel town called Magelang, one hour away from JOgjakarta -- my dad's hometowm for a little family christmas. Time moves slow slowly in this small town. It feels like there are more than 24 hours. The day starts around 7 in the morning and it dies down around 11 at night. There is no 24 hours pharmacy, and the only internet cafe has the slowest connection ever.

But things are good in this place. There are lots of good food that are very different from Jakarta. We ate and ate and ate. Yesterday, my cousins and I roamed around town; eating something every 2 hours. I was soooo full. This morning I woke up to a fresh after the rain breeze. The air smelt different and refreshing.

I don't think I can live here forever, but to be able to take a step away from the bustle and bustle of the big city is kinda nice.

No comments: