Saturday, March 26, 2005

Friends

Tell me when will you be mine
Tell me quando, quando, quando
We can share a love divine
Please don't make me wait again..

-Quando, quando, quando
by Michael Buble


Recently I spent a week in Kuala Lumpur for business. I have many friends in KL, but there are 2 in particular that I was dying to see. One guy is a buddy of mine from Melbourne who's relocating himself to KL in search for better work and to be with his girlfriend. He seemed overworked but nonetheless happy and content. The other one is a local art director who was one of my first friends in the industry. He just ended a 2 year relationship with a girl.

I have nothing against my friends being in a relationship. I have even managed to understand that when they're supposedly 'serious' they tend to forget about their friends. But as I rejoice the lifelong relationship of my Melbourne mate, I cheered even more for the break up of my art director friend. I love him to death and I want him to be happy. I know he is happier now; back to his silly fucker-self and I just love it!! There's nothing better than a good friendship, and now I feel like for a brief moment I own them back. Until the next girl comes along...

With him and another friend, we hung out and just talked about anything and nothing. Cars, girls, guys, sex, and music, only to name a few. We spent sleepless nights smoking, listening to music, ripping CDs, stealing songs from each other's iPod. It felt like things were exactly the same as they were when we started hanging out 4 years ago. When we were just us.

When you can just be with each other; accept him/her for the person that he/she is,... that's when you know that you've got a friend. Nothing beats that.

I salute my dear friends, near or far...
You are always in my heart...

No comments: