Saturday, March 19, 2005

Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind

Jim Carrey is my least favourite actor in the world.

It is largely because of this that I have been putting off watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, regardless of the raving reviews from the public. The night I did, I was totally blown away...

A relationship does not come easy. Never is. Never will be. It is a lifelong process; hence, commitment is imperative for any relationship to work. We often take things for granted; our health, our partner, our job, our family. When we are hurt, we selfishly just want to get rid of the pain, all the way to the core. Forgetting that by erasing the core of the pain means getting rid of those, who at different times bring us love.

ESTSM speaks to me because it reminds me on how deep and how intricate love is; how fragile and how much grooming it needs. When you really love, it is beyond comprehension. That's why when you do, you just do. No explanation is needed. No science required. You simply do, and let love live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
almost cry to read this!hihihi..dunno am so melancholy today!