Saturday, February 26, 2005

Chinatown of China


SHA St_1
Originally uploaded by Spunkycynth.
In the morning of February 16th I arrived in Shanghai, Paris of the East for post production. The chilly winter breeze welcomed us in kind. The air was fresh and the feeling familiar. It felt a lot like Melbourne winter, and all of a sudden I was overcome by feelings of nostalgia.

After a few hours of sleep, we roamed the streets of old Shanghai. The city is still half asleep from Chinese New Year Holiday, but being the world's most populated country one could hardly tell the difference. We visited the Yu'an Gardens and walked the streets of Old China. The Shanghai Chinatown. How more authentic do you want to be, Chinatown in China?? The buildings reminded me of kungfu movies. I had images in my head of flying sword fighting from one roof to another, and a smile just appeared.

Here's to figments of my childhood. Kungfu movies in Chinatown of China.

1 comment:

Faetryn said...

Kungfu movies! Here's to them, indeed!